Students who take piano lessons in Singapore should be thought touch and tone during at piano lessons. The hand position requires much focus. The technique, touch, and the tone will go bad when the hand falls on a collapsed fifth finger. When the thumb hangs, and when the joints “break.” Simple “tickling” of the keys with fingertip will help you a lot. At the beginning of the lessons, have the pupils to play an appropriate relevant piece as warm ups and building the rapport, then slowly integrate with the problems faced in the studies and the practiced pieces. It takes time to learn the difficult parts of the piano.
The Lessons Flow
The vital elements of a good piano lesson should not be ignored. The piano teacher teaching piano lessons in Singapore should plan the learning content for a season, and decide the tasks assigned and the learning connection for each lesson. This is to ensure that at the end of every piano lesson, the student would have learnt what he is expected to learn from the lesson. The learning content has to be possibly varied from lesson to lesson, from piano theory, ear training, keyboard harmony, as well as assignments of written works. Analysis is helpful to the students. They may identify or write scales, chords, intervals, phrases, and cadences, which are expected to be included in their pieces or study materials.
Review is important. The students who take piano lessons in Singapore will develop ease, style, and competence through thoughtful repetition. These may help in getting them well prepared to exhibit fine, polished, greater musical contrasts, more musical shaped phrases, cleaner pedalling, and more secure memorization.
The students who take piano lessons in Singapore must not forget how to play any piano style or key. The piano student should not feel that once a music piece is memorized and “done”, that the piece should be dropped forever and forgotten. Students who take piano lessons in Singapore are encouraged to memorize few pieces. They also have to be ready to play at any point in time. It trains them to be able to hear memorized piece during short lesson periods. Some can even hear and memorize the last page and the last line, the section after the double bar, and so on.
The repertory and studio recitals are valuable and provide the necessary experience needed in playing for an audience. The students who take piano lessons in Singapore should be encouraged to play at occasions like home, school, community centre, functions, events, and at church. They should be allowed after playing to give constructive criticism on what each person played to foster alert observation in the piano lessons.
The Ensemble Playing
Ensemble playing is the greatest help for developing rhythm, precision, fluent reading, and enhancing music pleasure. It helps to build coordination, cooperation, and listening. And, it eliminates self-centred attitudes. The students who take piano lessons in Singapore may learn one part of a piece alone, and when ready to play with another person, a partner may join at the end of the lesson. The students may practice at each other’s home, and two-piano works may be assigned during the rehearsal periods. In general, the students will build stronger and worthwhile interest, enthusiasm, which will act as a boost to their morale throughout the piano learning process.
Do you know?
Musical Activities for Preschool Piano Students
A few activities in music learning journey for preschool children can be:
- Singing songs of all types, from rhyming, serious, silly, and so on
- Songs for home activities, like taking a bath, walking to school, washing hands, and so on
- Songs for movement with expressive body movement like jumping, skipping, and finger plays
- Enhancing children sense of rhythm and movement by participating in dances and circle songs
- Moving to the beat and tempo of music
- Occasionally dancing with the parents.
- Improvised and spontaneous songs and moving body in creative ways
- Listening to stories encourage response through movement and sound
- Performing in sound stories
- Expressive movement to music using props
- Exploring various kind of sounds like sounds of animals make, the horns of cars, clock ticking and so on
- Creating songs with voices and instruments
- Exploring piano keyboard, percussion instruments, homemade instruments, guitar, and other instruments
- Identifying instrument by pictures and sounds